The only thing I love more than chocolate is chocolate + peanut butter!!
Peanut butter is amazing because it adds protein and healthy fats, but it is really high in calories. That can be a problem for those of us who are trying to cut calories in order to lose weight. With PB2, you can get the protein and the taste without the high calories! It’s a powdered peanut butter that you can mix directly into recipes or mix with water to create peanut butter that is spreadable.
So what’s so awesome about PB2?
- Tastes like peanut butter because it’s made from peanuts (duh!)
- 5 grams of protein per serving (2 tablespoons of powder)
- Only 45 calories per serving!!! Most of the fat has been removed.
- No preservatives, no artificial sweeteners
- Substitutes easily into smoothies, cookies, and other recipes to make them lower calorie
- Can be purchased at most grocery stores, including Walmart. This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but I have two kids and zero time to make a trip to specialty stores. The fact that I can buy this nearly anywhere is a bonus for me!
I’ve heard plenty of arguments that there’s added sugar in PB2, and yes, it’s true. They add 1 gram of sugar per serving to help with the flavoring and personally, I don’t mind. I use PB2 to boost my protein intake daily and add in a yummy flavor, so my theory is that 1 gram of sugar won’t kill me!
Now I’m off to make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake! 🙂 I use:
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- 2 tablespoons of PB2
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
The entire shake 235 calories with 23 grams of protein! YUM!