This recipe is great because it makes a ton, and I freeze the burritos individually for a great ‘grab & go’ breakfast! I just fold up the tortillas, wrap them individually in Saran wrap, then wrap in tinfoil, and freeze. Take one out, take off the tinfoil but leave the Saran wrap on, toss it in the microwave for a minute or two, and enjoy!
Once again, this recipe is great for people who are doing clean eating or 21 Day Fix!
Egg White Breakfast Burrito
- 1 container liquid egg whites
- 1 pound turkey bacon, chopped into pieces
- 1 pound Jennie-O Lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Shredded cheddar cheese (I use fat free)
- Whole wheat tortillas (size is your choice! I tend to like Medium – Soft Taco size)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
Fry turkey bacon, sausage, onion, peppers, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes together in a large fry pan until fully cooked. Drain if there is any grease (I usually don’t have much, if any.) Set aside.
Fry egg whites until fully cooked.
Fill tortillas with your preferred portions of the meat and veggie mixture, egg whites, cheese, and salsa. Fold up, and enjoy or freeze for later!